Welcome to the SVI website,
The voice of the Sandwell Visually Impaired Group
A website that has been developed by visually impaired people and their associates in order to provide information and support to anyone with an interest in all aspects of visual impairment.
What makes our group unique?
SVI is managed and run by visually impaired people. Our aim is to be a friendly and welcoming professional organisation that make sure that the needs and concerns of visually impaired people in Sandwell remain at the forefront of local service planning and delivery.
Find out more about us.
What can SVI do for you?
If you are a visually impaired person. If you are losing some of your sight. If you are a family member or friend of someone who has a visual impairment. If you are a professional and want to talk to the ‘experts’.
Find out what we can do for you.
What can you do for SVI?
Join us by becoming a member. Support us by attending meetings and contributing to our newsletter and this website.
Help us by making a donation. You can give as little or much as you like and every bit of it will come back to SVI. If you wish to donate to SVI's Justgiving by Text account, text SVIG33 and the amount you wish to donate (example: SVIG33 £5) to 70070. All donations will be gratefully received.
Communicate with us - let us know your views and share with us your experiences.
- Our Eye Health Week tour of Sandwell gets results
Find out how we made an impact
- Free IT workshops for our members on Weds 30 September
Get smarter about accessible technology
- Curry and Comedy afternoon Sunday 27 September
We're turning the Deaf Centre into a pop-up restaurant
- Eye Health Awareness Week 17 to 25 September 2015
Come and talk to us at a venue near you
- New health and fitness activities to start soon
Aquafit, walking, taster sessions - find out more and book your place
- SVI Members' Open Meeting Weds, 17 June 2015
Speakers from SERCO, Sandwell Council and Blind Veterans UK
- Our Spring 2015 newsletter is out now
Download your format of choice
- SVI trip to See and Hear exhibition, Shrewsbury on Weds, 13 May
Members welcome - book your place soon
- Line dancing dates for your diary
Bring a friend or make new ones, have a laugh, improve your health
- Members' Forum 18 March 2015
Find out how you can stay safe at home
- Celebrating 10 years of SVI
Our annual forum had something for everyone
- Autumn 2014 newsletter out now
Download your format of choice from the newsletter page
- Our 10th Annual Forum
It's all happening on 17 November
- Don't forget that Sandwell Talking News appears on this site every week.
Get news that's relevant to you, every week, in audio format.
- More news